Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday 27 November 2011

Totally Natural 7 Day Detox Program Review

I have been religiously every year planning ahead of my detox program for past few years, due to my slightly slow bowel movement issue. I know there are a lot of skeptical around this particular topic, but I just love what Blackmore detox cleans my body so much. (decided to cover my ears and move on).  My previous review please find here: http://aroime.blogspot.com/2011/08/summers-coming-diet-starting.html
Few month ago I went to pharmacy and they recommended me Total Natural detox program. Apparently this is more focus on your liver cleaning and more health related issues. On the package, it states to relief symptoms such as medically diagnosed IBS, constipation, bloating and flatulence, diarrhoea, bad breath, allergies, poor immunity, indigestion and heartburn. From the sound of it, it is design to tackle some stubborn body and health issue. Could be good for me too!
Been thinking about buying it for a while, finally summer's heading Sydney's way, I quickly went to Priceline and bought one pack. They do come in 14 days or 7 days program. 


The pack is mainly tackle below 4 areas:  stomach, liver, bowel, alive (good bacteria)


Weight cleasing eating plan is also included in your package.


1 tablet with evening meal



1 tablet twice away before morning and evening meal


1 tablet twice away before morning and evening meal



1 capsule daily



For those of you are interested what ingredients it's in the package, I have put it up for your view as well.
Now, after 7 days of hell, here is my result and please be reminded this is only my personal opinion.
Let's start with things I like about this program:
1. It's short only 7 days
2. The eating booklet is very detail
3. It's in capsule or tablet, easier to travel with.
4. Doesn't taste as unpleasant as the Blackmore set 
5. Vegetarian friendly

I was really good following their guided eating plans and avoid absolutely everything is listed in the booklet meanwhile still remain my 3 times gym section every week. Before the starting weekend, I even went went to supermarket and did their recommend shopping.I must admit it was extremely challenging with their restriction (food to avoid) - sugar, salt, animal meats, pork, beef, lamb, chicken, eggs (this is the hardest), all shellfish, dairy products (I don't know how i survived without dairy product for 7 days!!), white bread, white pasta, canned food, packaged food, frozen food, chocolate, cake, biscuits, fruit spreads, all caffeine drinks, all alcoholic beverage, all drinks that contain added sugar and artificial sweeteners. Now you read till here, must be a lot of question marks in your head - what can you eat then??

Here is some of the reason why I HATE this program and will not recommend to any of my friends or people I know directly or indirectly (readers like yourself):

1. If you are not a vegetarian already, have to transform to a vegan on the first day of your diet, this will be as challenging as I found. Also, if you are usual having a balanced diet, and suddenly change your eating pattern, it might affect your digestion as well. (at least that's what I found)

2. I was on diarrhea for as long as the program went, feeling absolutely exhausted at then end. On the package it did mention possible constipation, clearly that wasn't the case for me.

3. Considering a lot of food need to be avoided, I tried to control down my appetite and only eat few selection of food for 7 days. I was quite hungry some of the days. Despite the lack of choices and flavor in your food, the lack of nutrition to your body does appears at the later stage of this program. For someone like me going to gym 3 days a week, without meat, milk or eggs is just as hard as you can imagine.

4. After the program, I had to take a whole week of good bacteria to get my digestion back on track. I personally prefer Inner Health Plus which should be available in any pharmacies, but you can always benefit from yakult.

 5. Overall, I didn't feel any better after the program nor lost any weight. How upsetting?!

I hope we all are going to find a best diet and weight lost program that works for ourselves in the near future, and hoping this review will give you a better understanding of how dramatic diet plan works.
Good luck to all the girls and boys struggling with losing weight, bowel or liver issue. Take care!

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

kirst said...

Hi. I just did the 15 day diet equivalent. It was hard, but I did get some benefits - I did lose weight, and I find I am eating much smaller servings now, and craving healthier foods - craving less meat! Though I have to say that eliminating the proteins (sure you could have tofu. and quinoa, but I only like tofu fried) I lacked the energy to exercise - I have a small child, so sleepless nights plague me too.
I would try the 7 day version next time.

sobia said...

Why do only so much written on this subject? Here you see more. best cleanse for weight loss reviews

Post a Comment