Follow me on Facebook!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

蜀风园 Chili Garden Restaurant - Hurstville

Our friend recommended this new Sichuan restaurant in Hurstville. Slight a bit too far to drive, but was too tempted to try, decided to visit there anyways.

This restaurant is well decorated inside, very nice and clean. Bear in mind, it's a very busy store don't forget to book before you head. (phone number can find at the end of the post)


Starter:  Beef tripe in Sichuan chili sauce - served in cold
Beef tripe and tenders are nicely cooked, soft but tenderness still remains. Their Sichuan pepper corn is very authentic, I could feel a bit of numbness in my tongue afterward. I guess for Chinese, that's what they looking for in a Sichuan restaurant. Hao!


Homemade Green bean noodle soaked in Sichuan chili sauce
It's slightly spicy and sour. 
I must say I am always a big fan of this dish, great for summer or as an appetizer.


Deep fried fish in Sichuan style
Even though on the menu it says grilled fish, I am pretty sure with the level of crunchiness, It's surely been coated with corn flour and deep fried. Highly recommended!!!
The skin of the fish was very crispy and full of flavor, the meat was so soft that would melt in your mouth.


沸腾鱼 Hot Pot Fish

I think this one just as good as the one I had in Red Chili, but according to my friends who came from Sichuan province in China (professional opinion) told me that they reckon the chef didn't bring the oil to the highest boiling point before pour it on the top of the dish as a finishing touch as result of that the sauce and the flavor does not fell well mixed. To be honest, I thought it was really great. Loved the flavor the softness of the fish!



Rabbit stew with potato chips, mushrooms, and other vegetable and herbs.
By now, my tongue is very numb after accidentally bite on some peppercorn.....*oh no!* if this happen to you before, you would know what I meant. I love the taste of rabbit, it's similar taste as chicken with bones just a bit more tender and tastier. 


Deep fried bum served with condense milk - suitable for all ages


Chinese pancake with shallots - typical Chinese dish


Lucky cat is in store - bring good fortune ^^


Where is it?
Address: 164 Forest Road, Huntsville, 2220

Trading Hours: 11:00am  - 3:00 pm
4:30pm - 9:30pm
Phone:            (02) 9580 0898      






Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment