Follow me on Facebook!

Sunday 25 September 2011

HongFu NorthEast Chinese (鸿福东北风味菜馆) - Parramatta * recommend*

Chef and owner Cui Guan Jao started his small humble North East Chinese restaurant in the heart of Parramatta quite few year ago. Their authentic Chinese food attracted many sydneysiders. Their local success led to recent expansion and store renovation.


Review from Sydney Morning Herald and others became part of the store decoration.


Stylish lighting in the store


Pork bone stew is one of the must try item here, nearly every table ordered this dish and reason of many revisits. Pork bone cooked in five spice and soy sauce for hours until the meat breaks easily from the bone (meat is still tender). It's a very flavorsome dish!


Gloves are provided for you to remove meat from bones. 



Pig ear and slice of stewed pork mixed with special homemade chili sauce, peanuts and coriander
I personally loves this dish. It reminds me northern Chinese food back in China.


Shredded potato wrapped with pancake

This is a dish that for potato lovers. As for me, I do not quite understand the concept of carbohydrates wrapped with carbohydrates. I am sure it's a favorite dish for many Northern Chinese as I can see nearly every table ordered this.


This is a great dish for vegetarians! It's made of potato, eggplant and capsicum and fried with garlic and seasoned with oyster sauce. I can taste all the true flavor from each vegetables.   


Crispy pork fillet in sweet and sour sauce

Everything in this restaurant are authentic northern Chinese style. This dish has to eat when it's served otherwise it will taste like cold chicken schnitzel with gravy.


Pork and seafood dumpling

How can we come to a Northern Chinese restaurant without ordering its signature dumplings?
Definitely home made and delicious! Trust me, just order it.


Last but not the least, special thank you to the man who shared his culinary skill and bring so much satisfaction for us from his food. Chef and owner Cui Guan Jao! 



Where is it?

Hong Fu Northern East Chinese details

Address: 48-50 George St, Parramatta, ph: (02) 9891 1225
Hours: Mon-Wed 11.30am-2.30pm, 5-9pm; 

Thu-Fri 11.30am-2.30pm; 5-9.30pm, 
Sat-Sun 11.30am-9.30pm
Drink: BYO wine only





Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

About Me said...

some anonymous left an angry comment on my blog earlier, due to language used, I have now removed it.
It is definite that the customer had a horrible dinning experience and believe if the restaurant does not improve their services will shut down for good in the future.
My apologies to my blog readers who has bad dinning experience. I left the comment here just for others to see.

Post a Comment